How It Works
Floating is Easy!
You don’t need to prepare before coming for your float session. Just come ready to relax and float away. A therapeutic session in a float tank typically lasts 60 minutes. We provide everything you’ll need for the float session including:
- Body Wash
- Hair Drying Room
You are welcome to bring your own toiletries if you wish. A swimsuit is optional because each tank is in its own lockable private room and changing area. Each room has its own invigorating shower for use before and after the session.
What to Expect
The only precaution before floating is that you should not shave, wax or tan at all on the day of your float session. The water’s high salt content is very irritating to freshly shaved, waxed or tanned skin. We provide Vaseline in every room for you to cover any small cuts or irritated skin.
- Eat a small meal one hour prior to your session and avoid drinking caffeinated beverages four hours before your float.
- You should not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Please do not wear any hair or skin products prior to floating, be sure to wash them off in the shower prior to your session.
- If you have hair coloring that has not set you cannot go in the tank.
- Women please be mindful when on your monthly cycle, perhaps you might want to reschedule for a later date.
- Please ask the front desk for any questions or concerns you may have regarding the information above.
After a quick shower you enter the tank. Soothing built-in light is turned on and ambient music is played through underwater speakers to assist in relaxation. Light and music can be manually turned off at anytime from the inside of the tank. As the session comes to an end, light comes on and the music is played again as a reminder that the time has come to leave the tank.
- You can choose whether to float with the tank door open or closed.
- The door to the tank is fully acessable from the inside.
- There is an interior light for those who don’t prefer being in the dark.
- A built-in intercom system allows for easy conversation between the front desk and the floaters in the back rooms.
You must take another brief shower to wash away the salt from your skin. Please try to vacate the room within 10 minutes after your session has ended, as time is needed to prepare for the next client. Feel free to use our prep room for hair drying or makeup for as long as you’d like.